Enjoy the incredible feeling of hot tubing in pure, chemical free water! The Spa Cubes use an all natural process, utilizing catalytic action & redox (reduction/oxidation) principal of dissimilar metals, made possibly by our unique reticulated sponge-like KDF media. Water twists & turns through the maze of copper-zinc fibers; the tortuous path ensures maximum contact with the media. Circulating water through the media on a daily basis causes a reaction that forms zinc and copper hydroxides. These controlled releases purify the water, creating a stable environment that prevents scale & bacteria growth.
The Filter Foam technology uses Power Cubes to provide excellent, chlorine-free water for swimming pools and spas through filtration rather than the introduction of chemicals to the water. Chlorine attacks organic matter, and your skin is your body’s largest organ. Chlorine irritates eyes, nose membranes, and lungs and it leaves skin and hair dry and flaky. Studies have shown that long-term exposure to chlorine can be harmful to your health. Polymeric biguanide products to chlorine can also cause allergic reactions and can permeate the pool or spa walls.
Spa Cubes use a unique form of KDF copper-zinc media which has been molded, via a proprietary process, into a soft disk that looks like a gold sponge. KDF is excellent at removing chlorine for long periods of time while also acting as a descalant and maintaining a bacteriostatic environment. KDF meets NSF Standards 42 and 61 and has been tested to remove heavy metals and inorganics as well as chlorine from water.
Filtration inside the pool or spa system takes place as the water twists and turns through the Power Disks’ maze of copper-zinc fibers. This tortuous movement increases contact time with the disks during each pass through the media, as the water is recirculated through the media over and over.
How It Works
Filter Foam Spa Cubes use an all-natural process that works by catalytic action and the redox (reduction/oxidation) principal of dissimilar metals. As water passes through the Power Disks, a chemical reaction causes zinc and copper hydroxides to form in controlled amounts. These controlled releases of copper and zinc oxides are carried into the filtered water where they provide hostile conditions for growth. This means cleaner water for bathing, plus reduced time and labor in keeping the pool or spa clean.
Filter Foam Spa Cubes also safeguard your pool and spa by reducing the need for chlorine and other chemicals that corrode pipes and equipment. Plus, chemical costs are minimal. After heavy loads from excess bathers, heavy rain, wind or pets, a one-time shock treatment, with potassium monopersulfate, or other shocking agents like ozone, hydrogen peroxide, or chlorine, is usually sufficient to solve the problem. The Spa Cubes also help to neutralize slightly acidic water, thereby reducing or eliminating the use of pH chemicals.
How To Use The Spa Disk
- Water flowing through the Spa Cubes is what makes it work. A pool or spa needs to circulate the water to provide maximum contact with the disk. The best way to do this is to circulate the water for at least 12 continuous hours each day at 10 gpm in spas or the normal flow rate for pools 24 hours 7 days a week. Do not allow suctioning except at the skimmer or wherever the disk is placed. If 12 continuous hours is not possible, use the pump to circulate the water for two, 2-hour periods daily AND run the pump at low speed for at least 30 minutes after each spa use.
- Don’t worry about pH with the disks. They regulate themselves usually between 7.6 and 8 and occasionally from 7.4 to 8.2. Chemicals intended to control pH severely reduce the disk’s efficiency. Most pH parameters for pools and spas are based on using chlorine and are not relevant when the Cubes are used.
- Likewise, the Cubes tend to regulate water’s softness. The main reason water is hard is that calcium is present. The Spa Cubes do not remove calcium, but they make the water act softer by changing calcium’s cellular morphology so that it cannot adhere to a surface. The calcium does not deposit scale on surfaces.
- If you test the water for softness in a Spa Cubes treated pool or spa, however, the test will show any calcium present because it does not distinguish between calcium’s various morphologies.
- There are no health issues with the Cubes capacity to make water act softer. Using chemicals to soften the water, in addition to the disk, will restrict the efficiency and life of the Cubes. In normal operating conditions using the Cubes, no chemicals are needed for softening.
- The MegaDisk for pools comes with a black disk guard designed to capture sediment. If the guard becomes clogged, it decreases the flow of water through the disk. Keep the guard clean by peeling it from the disk, washing it in water and replacing on the top of the disk.
Easy to use – Just drop into hot tub skimmer: (Now that’s easy!)
Simply place the Spa Cubes in the provide filter bag and then place in your skimmer basket or into your water return and enjoy clean, chemical-free water with no effort. Works with ozone and our Natural Spa treatment.
For Hot Tubs up to 500 gallons – lasts 5- 8 months
Works GREAT with our Natural Spa.